Sunday, June 10, 2012

Testing Out Deovir's 10/0 Sable Hair Paintbrush

My happy purchase last Thursday were two precious sable hair paintbrushes in #5/0 and #10/0 from the Deovir branch at SM North EDSA. Honestly, I didn't even know that those sizes existed! I was actually already contented with my smallest sized brush which was a Rembrandt sable in #1. What really caught my attention was their unusually pretty pastel colors. Take a look! * w * ) ♥

Deovir Sable Paintbrushes in #5/0 and #10/0. Made in Japan.
I decided to practice using the pretty egg yellow-colored #10/0 this afternoon. I took out one of my ACEO-sized cut (2.5" x 3.5") watercolor papers and gave it a try. I wanted the girl to sport the very famous and fashionable ombre-styled hair, but I think I should have colored those near the hair roots much darker to achieve that effect. Nonetheless, I like how her hair color turned out so much like honey-caramel. Mmmm! ^ v ^ )



My new brush is really very fun to use. I can apply a lot more details to my outlining without inhibitions. In this drawings, I used the #10/0 brush particularly in drawing the detailed lines of her face---just see her eyelashes! I returned into using my #1 for the rest of the outlines to give a bolder effect.

Honey Caramel Girl, ACEO in Watercolors
Now here's a scan of my finished drawing for the day! I used Prang watercolors and a Campap watercolor paper in 300GSM for this one. Aah~ I'm looking forward to drawing more girls for an ACEO collection of my own! This sounds like a project. o w o )/

2 comments:

Kass said...

Ooh interesting! I've been looking for a brush that small for doing doll face-ups, but so far I haven't been able to find any here in the South. :[

Demi said...

Hi Kass! Yep. That brush would be perfect for doll face-ups! n w n ) The branch nearest to the south is probably the one at SM Manila already. ;;;;;;

Post a Comment